For Google Ads, your landing page is just as important as your ad. After all, it’s the landing page your potential customers will see after clicking on your ad. Consequently, it is essential to design a landing page relevant to your ad and effectively convert visitors into customers. Here are seven tips to help you design a landing page that will help you get the most from Google Ads campaigns:
- Plan your design around your goal
Before you start designing your landing page, you must have a clear goal in mind. What your landing page goal is? Do you need to generate leads or sales? Once you know your goal, you can start planning your design.
- Keep it simple
Keep your landing page simple. It means having a clear, concise headline, easy-to-navigate design, and relevant and targeted content. More information can overwhelm visitors, so ensure your landing page is focused and to the point. Don’t ask them too many questions here.. You will lose their interest. Just get the basics and contact info to make the next connection.
- Use easy-to-read text
To create a landing page for your Google Ads campaign, one of the most important things to consider is the use of easy-to-read text. The reason for this is that users will be landing on your page from a variety of different devices, including mobile devices with small screens. If your text is not easy to read, users may quickly become frustrated and leave your site without taking action.
- Make sure your page is mobile-friendly
With more and more people using mobile devices to access the internet, making sure your landing page is mobile-friendly is essential. Design a page that is easy to navigate and view on a smaller screen. Following are the things to make sure your pages are mobile-friendly:
- Use a responsive design: Your website will automatically adjust to fit any screen size, whether it’s a desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Use large font sizes:Your text must be easy to read on smaller screens.
- Use short, concise sentences:Mobile users often look for quick information, so make sure your sentences are to the point.
- Use images and videos:These can help break up text and make your website more visually appealing.
- Use buttons and links: Make sure your buttons and links are big and easy to click on.
- Use images
Images add visual interest to your landing page and help visitors understand your message. The following are the things to keep in mind when choosing images for a Google Ads landing page:
- The images should be relevant to the product or service advertised.
- Use high-quality and professional-looking images.
- The images must optimize for the Google Ads platform. *SEE PHOTO BELOW FOR SIZING*
- Use the images in a way that enhances the overall message of the landing page.
- Use a call to action
Make sure your landing page includes a call to action (CTA) that is clear and easy to find. The CTA should be relevant to the product or service you are promoting, and it should be easy for the visitor to understand what they need to do.
Following are the tips for writing an effective CTA:
- Use actionable language like learn more or sign up now.
- You should be clear about what you want visitors to do.
- Use strong verbs such as “discover,” “explore,” or “uncover.”
- Keep the CTA to the point and short.
- Make it relevant to the products or services you offer
- To attract attention to the CTA, use contrasting colors
- Place your CTA where it’s easy to see, and click on
- Test your design
Before launching a landing page, always test it. Test out different versions of the page to find what works best. Try different headlines, images, videos, and copy to see what performs best. Landing page testing is an ongoing process, so make sure to continue to test and optimize your page on an ongoing basis.
Here are a few tests to run on your landing page before launching your Google Ads campaign:
- Test the loading speed of the page.
- Test the page on multiple devices and browsers.
- Test the form on your page to ensure it works correctly.
- Test the call-to-action (CTA) on your page.
- Test your page for any broken links.
These seven tips should help you create an effective landing page for your Google Ads campaign. Remember to focus on simplicity, clarity, and providing the user with the information they need to take the next step. Also, be sure to test your page to make it effective in driving conversions.